I guess that is a good thing for Union leaders though since now any votes cast are to be public they know who they have to manipulate.
I guess that is a good thing for Union leaders though since now any votes cast are to be public they know who they have to manipulate.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually 33% don't pay taxes...according to all the data I've seen (credible sources..neither liberal or conservative) Obama's tax plan will cost 2.3 billion dollars and McCain's will cost 4.7 billion. As for the coal thing, Obama didn't rule out coal...he is just committed to making coal fired plants as clean as possible. If the UMWA and Cecil Roberts all endorse Obama, that should be a sign. Something else I learned this morning...Toby Keith has come out endorsing Obama as well...lol..imagine that. </div></div>
I cry bullshit...better look into a little further. lol Go back and consider his interview in San Fransicko.
Cry all you want, where you with this San Fran bit awhile ago?
John Mccain in Orlando back in Sept.
"We're going to build new plants that generate energy, my friends, we're going to build them. We've got to. There's an increased demand for it. And it seems to me, it's going to be coal, which I believe will increase greenhouse gas emissions dramatically, or it's going to be nuclear, or it's going to be clean coal technology."
Obama in SF.
"But this notion of no coal, I think, is an illusion. Because the fact of the matter is, is that right now we are getting a lot of our energy from coal. And China is building a coal-powered plant once a week. So what we have to do then is figure out how can we use coal without emitting greenhouse gases and carbon. And how can we sequester that carbon and capture it. If we can't, then we're gonna still be working on alternatives."
And in that interview he never said he was going to make the coal industry go bankrupt, he told the truth. Constructing new coal plants that don't have clean coal technology (carbon capture) would raise costs big time. Analysts have said that new coal plants would create huge financial risks for shareholders and ratepayers, because of the likely cost of their greenhouse gas emissions. Mccain agrees - this is from a speech he gave in May.
"The same approach that brought a decline in sulfur dioxide emissions can have an equally dramatic and permanent effect on carbon emissions. Instantly, automakers, coal companies, power plants, and every other enterprise in America would have an incentive to reduce carbon emissions, because when they go under those limits they can sell the balance of permitted emissions for cash. As never before, the market would reward any person or company that seeks to invent, improve, or acquire alternatives to carbon-based energy. . . A cap-and-trade policy will send a signal that will be heard and welcomed all across the American economy. Those who want clean coal technology, more wind and solar, nuclear power, biomass and bio-fuels will have their opportunity through a new market that rewards those and other innovations in clean energy."
Believe what you want, interpret what you want, quote what yo want...Obama is an enemy of coal.
Prove it. I say the same to you and will also look at one of his biggest endorsements the UMWA as suprbeast pointed out.
UMW is a joke - a political machine to endorse the idiots of the left.
Kinda like the NRA except to the right?
You are clueless, bigoted beyond belief, opinionated beyond reproach.
Bookmarks